Upcoming Workshops & Events
Dec. 8 | 2-3 p.m. | Zoom
Diversity Committee Meeting
Dec. 9 | 2 p.m. | Online Media Campus
Webinar: 7 Ways to Get 25% More From Every Advertiser: Compare, Contrast, Close!
In this webinar:
We’ve all heard it before… No budget. Or, we are moving in a different direction. So, how do you sell past these objections and get more ad dollars than ever before? Compare, consult and conquer! Ad sales advisor Ryan Dohrn will show you a daring and inventive way to ethically share what competitive advertisers are doing in the market to draw out money from those reluctant advertisers that give us the same lame excuses. COMPARE them to others in their category that are doing great. CONSULT with them on how to be bigger and better. Then, CONQUER the close by showing the advertiser how to dominate the companies they hate most… their competition. This is an advanced selling workshop that has received 5 stars from over 1,000 salespeople.
About Ryan Dohrn:
Ryan Dohrn is a top motivational speaker that won an Emmy for marketing excellence while working for ABC TV/Walt Disney Co. and was recognized by Forbes.com with the “Best of the Web” award for his business strategies. Dohrn’s focus is leadership training and team performance development. His passion for sales and marketing has given him the unique opportunity to touch half a billion dollars in revenue for companies in 7 countries. Ryan was one of the youngest managers in Walt Disney history. His management insights have been featured in USA Today and on CNN. Ryan is an internationally certified business coach, has trained over 30,000 professionals, and works monthly with companies in 15 business sectors.
The cost to attend is $35 for SCPA members. Please RSVP if you’d like to attend this event.
This event is at 2 p.m. (EST)
SCPA and SCNN Offices Closed
Dec. 31, 2021
Happy New Year!
SCPA and SCNN Offices Closed
Jan. 6, 2022
Legislative Workshop for the Media - Canceled
Due to scheduling conflicts, this event has been canceled for 2022.
March 11-13, 2022
SCPA Annual Meeting & Awards
The Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, Myrtle Beach
Join us for a LONG overdue celebration as we gather together again in person at The Marina Inn in Myrtle Beach! In addition to networking and educational sessions, our 2022 Annual Meeting & Awards will honor winners from the 2021 News, Associate/Individual and Collegiate Contests. We’ll also induct our 2020, 2021 and 2022 honorees into the S.C. Journalism Hall of Fame. More details coming soon!
Contests & Awards
SCPA recognizes the best in South Carolina journalism through our annual contests. Our prestigious awards programs are open to SCPA members only. Each year, nearly 4,000 entries are received in SCPA’s News, Advertising and Collegiate Contests.
- Our annual News Contest recognizes excellence in daily and weekly newspaper journalism. We also have an Associate and Individual member division, and a Collegiate Contest. The deadline to enter the 2021 News Contest has passed. Awards will be presented March 12, 2022, in Myrtle Beach.
- The PALMY Advertising Awards recognize the Palmetto State’s best, brightest and most enterprising advertising professionals and advertisers, and the impact they have made in their communities! The 2022 Contest will open in late spring 2022. Awards will be presented virtually in summer 2022.
Other Training Opportunities
- SCPA now offers free, individualized virtual training on legal and FOI topics for member newspapers. Learn more.
- SCPA members can attend Local Media Association webinars for $29 because our state is a Media Association Partner. Check out LMA’s webinar offerings.
- Poynter’s News University offers more than 100 interactive on-demand journalism courses. Several courses are free thanks to grant funding.